Friday, September 8, 2017

The Art of Life



Balancing life is hard.
I know I keep posting these non-writing, short pieces about taking time to enjoy life, to invest in it, to create art, but there seems to be a recurring pair of themes I discover in my everyday activities: life is the busiest art. And sometimes change is okay.
These two things are with me each day, as I create art in various forms (most recently, in the form of mathematical proofs) and as I ponder the fact that I haven’t posted in two weeks now on this blog.

I’m sorry.
Yet… I’m not. Life has changed. A few months ago, I would have been horrified at the idea of not posting at least once a week.
Life changes.

To be totally honest, I’m considering taking an extended break from blogging.
I’ve run dry.
In fact, while sitting here thinking “what should I blog about”, I came up blank. Sure, there’s all sorts of areas of writing that I could write about, but… I don’t feel any of them right now. I don’t… care. Right now.
That sounds awful, but it’s the most honest truth I can give you.

So I’m going to do it.
I’m not ending this blog. I’ll try to post every once in a while as I step away, but it won’t be every week. I’m anticipating the break lasting until December or so. Three months.
That’s not lot.
Three months is the blink of an eye in the scope of eternity.
I can take three months. You can take three months.

Life is something to be lived. Explored. Seen, felt, touched, heard, tasted.
Find a story.
Your own story, someone else’s. A real story, a fictional story, a story of hopes or fears or dreams or dangers or life or death or victory or defeat.
Find a story.

I’m out to find several. I want to find my own story, the stories of my friends, and the stories of the art I want to tell.
Perhaps my story will cross paths with this place again.
Perhaps not.

I… suppose I should apologize for those who were looking forward to the next writing tip I had for them. I guess… patience is my next tip.

Be patient as you find your story. But never stop looking.

3 comments:

  1. I'll miss not seeing you as often, Aidan. Thanks for helping me find my story and keep developing your own. Can't wait to see where these next three months will take you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank /you/, Ashley. ^_^ I look forward to what's next in my story, and I hope you find many adventures in yours.

      Delete
  2. This brings me many tears, Bro. Many tears.

    ReplyDelete