Monday, February 13, 2017

My Writing – Cacophony



It’s been a while since I posted some of my own writing (since early December with the last part of Eyes), so I thought I’d share something with you.
And…
I’m gonna step out of my comfort zone while doing it.
Here’s the deal: I’m not a poet. I write poetry on occasion, but not for the general public. Usually, it’s just something I write for myself. It’s processing an emotion or exploring a new idea or even developing an idea.

Today, however, I’d like to share a poem I wrote back in October, one which I still resonate with deeply. I wrote it with the inspiration of so many things that are still deeply entwined in my life.

So.
Allow me to vulnerable with you for a little while, and share this simple poem: Cacophony.

Cacophony

 
I found a cacophony;
It grins at me, laughs.
What might I do with this?
This…. What is this?
It's minuscule and bright,
A flashbang wrapped in sweetness.
Do I handle it with care?
Ticking, ticking.
Boom.

I found a cacophony,
Part of me is fascinated.
There is complexity here,
Amidst the violent noise.
Can I hold it? Dissect it?
Understand it?
Perhaps not, perhaps never.
A thousand weaving strings,
Tangled and knotted.
A mess.
Wonderful.

I found a cacophony,
And I never want to leave it.
Leave it here? Never.
I'll take it with me,
When I can, I'll examine it
Turn it over in my hands
Softly, delicately.
What is it? What is it?
I want to understand, to know
This mystery, this anomaly:
Fantastic and beautiful,
Paradoxical and simply complex.
Fair and dark.
Colorful.

I found a cacophony,
It's a wondrous blend:
Light and dark, hopes and fears
A human, full of noise and action.
Restless, searching.
Always searching, searching.
I want to understand it…
Understand my attraction to it.
This feeling disturbs me, this warmth.
What is it?
I love this feeling, and yet…
I can't comprehend it.
A mystery.
Beautiful.

I found a cacophony,
Better yet, it found me.
It's attached itself to me and…
I don't want it to go.
No, I want to cling to it,
Keep it… safe.
Can I do that?
Can I keep my cacophony safe?
I guess…
I'll try.


No comments:

Post a Comment